What is a Zeta Museum or Exhibit?
A Zeta museum is a place where collections of historical, cultural and artistic objects of Zeta importance are made available for public viewing.
Exhibits are presentations of Zeta items of interests that are housed in museums, like wall display cases at colleges or display cases featured in museums.
What is the Purpose of a Zeta Museum or Exhibit?
The purpose of this toolkit is to provide chapters with a blueprint for implementing Zeta museums and exhibits, to expand global awareness about Zeta Phi Beta’s rich history and illustrious achievements as we journey towards our 100th year of service.
Why implement a Zeta Museums or Exhibit?
Preserving our history is critical for ensuring that Zeta endures through time. It is equally important that our cultural identity is publicly promoted and documented. Zeta museums and exhibits can be effective educational and marketing tools for expanding the reach of our brand.
How can my chapter implement a Zeta Museum or Exhibit?
The Centennial Toolkit for Zeta Museums and Exhibits offers step-by-step guidance to help you plan and execute a Zeta Museum in as little as four months, however most chapters will implement between 6 to 9 months.
Top 5 reasons why your chapter should implement a Zeta Museums or Exhibit?
Preserving our history is key to ensuring that Zeta Phi Beta endures through time. Zeta museums and exhibits can be effective educational and marketing tools for promoting our history and expanding the reach of our brand.
5 Benefits of Implementing a Zeta Museum or Exhibit
- Chapter Visibility – Zeta Museums increase community awareness of your chapter’s activities.
- Exposure to New Partners – Museums are great recruitment tools for members, auxiliaries, and community partners.
- Publicity – Museums can attract earned media opportunities.
- Community Engagement – Museums can mobilize people to drive social and cultural change.
- Heritage Conservation – Museums increase your ability to maintain our legacy, inherited from our beloved Founders, to bestow on future generations.