The Centennial Sisterhood Circle Team will Spotlight Sisterhood Circles as we take the Journey to Centennial. This month’s feature is: 5 Fit and Finer Women
5 Fit and Finer Women consist of five Sorors from the Alpha Beta Zeta Chapter in Newport News/Hampton, Virginia (Eastern Region), whose mission is to be healthier and happier in 2020. This sisterhood circle is as diverse as their years in Zeta: from 1 to 25 years of financial and active status. The group includes two Diamond Life Members and one Life Member. Although they are from the same chapter, this sisterhood circle has brought them closer. They have learned more about each other and shared moments that have resulted in laughter and tears. They have created a strong support system and encourage each other positively each day.
Sisterhood Circle Goals:
- Begin each day with a Group Me chat just to say “Good morning” and inspire each other “to make it a great day.” The group chat also provides encouragement and laughter when needed and is a reminder of group goals.
- Meet a goal of exercising 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. Most members have signed up for memberships at local gyms and are sticking to the schedule.
- Participate in annual walks such as the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® and the March of Dimes March for Babies.
- Encourage each other to schedule “me” time. This goal is accomplished by visits to the salons or spas and appointments with massage therapists.
- Strive to become 2020 Visionaries and make contributions toward our personal pledges.